After almost 2 years of pandemic, the Greeks are going through the first year back to a normal everyday life and are called to make readjustments both in their lives but also in their home. Greeks today are faced with a multitude of issues that have a social, economic and environmental nature, which have contributed significantly on how much effort people put into changing and improving their homes.
See the presentation of the research carried out by Focus Bari for the Annual DIY & Home Improvement Conference and presented by Xenia Kourtoglou here
The Annual Survey “CX Stories” by Focus Bari reveals customers views regarding the service they receive and experiences they have with a large variety of organizations. Through their own narratives customers discuss both their “WOW” and their “OUCH” experiences, helping companies’ teams continuously improve their service.
See the presentation here
Pandemic & Financial Conditions form new shopping habits: Second-hand purchases, special offers and all forms of discounts & coupons are mostly sought after practices among Greek consumers, according to the April edition of YouGov Profiles by Focus Bari.
See the presentation here
Learn more about YouGov Profiles here
Consumption of private labels at the Greek supermarkets has skyrocketed at 94% in 2021 according to the latest study conducted by Focus Bari via the Focus Bari | YouGov private online panel. The market of private labels seems to have grown tremendously within the last twenty years, comparing results of three national studies : Το 2000, ο ένας στους δύο Έλληνες καταναλωτές (50%) αγόραζαν τακτικά/συστηματικά τουλάχιστον ένα είδος σε private label.
- In 2000, one in two Greeks (50%) regularly purchased at least one product category of private labels.
- This proportion is found at 77% in the study of 2010, and has reached 94% in the July 2021 study.
- What also seems impressively increased is the variety of different product categories that consumers prefer to buy in private labels : with toilet paper and napkins at the top, followed by detergents and cleaners, around 40 different product categories are purchased in private labels at the Greek supermarkets.
- Interestingly, both in the 2010 and the 2021 studies, the majority of consumers perceive private labels as “value for money products”, yet…
- If a branded product is found at an offer or a price approaching that of the private label, the majority of consumers tend to prefer the branded one.
Key Learning : brands hold their power, provided they approach consumers with empathy in view of the squeezed economic & pandemic conditions
Read the full presentation of the study here
According to a new global survey conducted by Focus Bari | YouGov in 17 countries, the pandemic year has brought about new shopping habits as well as consumption of specific food categories and food delivery habits among the Greeks. Actually, the survey showed that:
- Four out of ten Greeks shopped supermarket goods online at least once during the pandemic, and one out of three intend to keep this habit in the future.
- 13% say they prefer the online channel as their main one for supermarket shopping, while 9% intend to adopt this habit in the future, as well.
- As far as specific sources are concerned, nine out of ten have shopped at least once directly from the e-shop of their supermarket of preference, while one out of three have also shopped supermarket goods via the app of a food delivery service.
- More than one in three Greeks have increased consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables during the pandemic, as well as that of house cleaning products.
- On the contrary, the survey notes a considerable drop in the purchase of pre-cooked meals, ready meals and alcohol.
You can see or download the full presentation of the study here