According to a new global survey conducted by Focus Bari | YouGov in 17 countries, the pandemic year has brought about new shopping habits as well as consumption of specific food categories and food delivery habits among the Greeks. Actually, the survey showed that:
- Four out of ten Greeks shopped supermarket goods online at least once during the pandemic, and one out of three intend to keep this habit in the future.
- 13% say they prefer the online channel as their main one for supermarket shopping, while 9% intend to adopt this habit in the future, as well.
- As far as specific sources are concerned, nine out of ten have shopped at least once directly from the e-shop of their supermarket of preference, while one out of three have also shopped supermarket goods via the app of a food delivery service.
- More than one in three Greeks have increased consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables during the pandemic, as well as that of house cleaning products.
- On the contrary, the survey notes a considerable drop in the purchase of pre-cooked meals, ready meals and alcohol.
You can see or download the full presentation of the study here